Apache Ignite 2.11

Alexey Gidaspov
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.11

Dmitry Pavlov
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.11

Maksim Timonin
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.11

Alexey Gidaspov
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.11

agura
Maksim,

why do you want to include just one phase of functionality into
release instead of full implementation? History of Ignie development
shows (at least from my point of view) that it is bad practice. As
result users will have unfinished and badly tested functionality. We
have (or had in the past) some examples of such things: MVCC, IEP-35,
etc.

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 5:11 PM Алексей Гидаспов <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Dmitriy!
>
> I suggest this timeline
>
> Scope Freeze: May 31, 2021
> Code Freeze: 14 June, 2021
> Voting Date: 21 June, 2021
> Release Date: 28 June, 2021
>
> пт, 14 мая 2021 г. в 11:32, Maksim Timonin <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi, I'd like to include Phase 1 of index queries feature [1] to the next AI
> > release. Currently there are 2 tickets in progress ([2], [3]), and they
> > will be ready for review next week. What is a time of code freeze if it's
> > going to release AI 2.11 at the end of June?
> >
> > [1]
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-71%3A+Public+API+for+secondary+index+search
> >
> > On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 5:27 PM Dmitry Pavlov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Alexey,
> > >
> > > :pmc to sign distribution:
> > > Formally, only PMC member can be a release manager, so part of activities
> > > should be picked up by committer and PMC member. If noone else want to
> > help
> > > you here, I would.
> > >
> > > :timeline:
> > > And, could you estimate all phases of the release.
> > >
> > > :scope:
> > > I guess we can just pick up master current state and release it. But if
> > > someone has some ideas if we should wait for particular feature to be
> > > completed before branch divergence/release candidate build, please let
> > know.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Dmitriy Pavlov

> > > end

Re: Apache Ignite 2.11

Maksim Timonin
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.11

Ilya Kasnacheev
Hello!

I have found a blocker: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-14781

Ilya Kasnacheev

пт, 21 мая 2021 г. в 15:30, Maksim Timonin <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, Andrey!
>
> Phase 1 delivers complete query functionality. So users will get the API to
> query indexes and can start to use it. This functionality is not supposed
> to be changed in the next phases. I think there could be changes in the
> internal part that can affect performance of queries in next steps, but API
> will not change.
>
> Phases 2 and 3 are improvements and provide additional API. Those features
> should be discussed on the dev list later. On this dev list topic [1] we
> discussed phase 1 only and agreed that it is a useful feature.
>
> I'll prepare a PR for this feature today, and then up this topic [1].
> Actually there are some issues to discuss. So after discussing those issues
> we can decide to deliver the feature to 2.11 or postpone until 2.12.
> Currently it's some time until the scope freeze (31 of May), so I'll write
> to this topic about progress and decisions.
>
> [1]
>
> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-IEP-71-Public-API-for-secondary-index-search-td52177.html
>

> On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 2:39 PM Andrey Gura <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Maksim,
> >
> > why do you want to include just one phase of functionality into
> > release instead of full implementation? History of Ignie development
> > shows (at least from my point of view) that it is bad practice. As
> > result users will have unfinished and badly tested functionality. We
> > have (or had in the past) some examples of such things: MVCC, IEP-35,
> > etc.
> >
> > On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 5:11 PM Алексей Гидаспов <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, Dmitriy!
> > >
> > > I suggest this timeline
> > >
> > > Scope Freeze: May 31, 2021