Apache Ignite 2.4 release

Vladimir Ozerov
Igniters,

A number of major improvements have been made (or being finalized at the
moment) to Ignite since recent 2.3 release. This includes baseline
topology, new DDL commands, migration to Java 8 and Java 9 support,
critical performance improvements to WAL, etc..

I think it makes sense to make a new release. What do you think if we
release AI 2.4 with all this great stuff by the end of Jan?

If there are no objections, I'll create a branch to start stabilization
process.

Vladimir.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.4 release

Pavel Tupitsyn
+1

But some stuff is not yet in master (like baseline topology), so it is too
soon to create a branch, I think.

Pavel

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Igniters,
>
> A number of major improvements have been made (or being finalized at the
> moment) to Ignite since recent 2.3 release. This includes baseline
> topology, new DDL commands, migration to Java 8 and Java 9 support,
> critical performance improvements to WAL, etc..
>
> I think it makes sense to make a new release. What do you think if we
> release AI 2.4 with all this great stuff by the end of Jan?
>
> If there are no objections, I'll create a branch to start stabilization
> process.
>
> Vladimir.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.4 release

dsetrakyan
+1

Do we have a list of features for 2.4 documented anywhere?

D.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Pavel Tupitsyn <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> But some stuff is not yet in master (like baseline topology), so it is too
> soon to create a branch, I think.
>
> Pavel
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Igniters,
> >
> > A number of major improvements have been made (or being finalized at the
> > moment) to Ignite since recent 2.3 release. This includes baseline
> > topology, new DDL commands, migration to Java 8 and Java 9 support,
> > critical performance improvements to WAL, etc..
> >
> > I think it makes sense to make a new release. What do you think if we
> > release AI 2.4 with all this great stuff by the end of Jan?
> >
> > If there are no objections, I'll create a branch to start stabilization
> > process.
> >
> > Vladimir.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.4 release

Denis Magda-2
Here is the page create before:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>

This is good news. It will be perfect if we also release as many "required tickets" as we can:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>

My favorite is memory metrics in bytes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902>

The discussion lists are flooded with the demands for this essential capability. Who is going to review it?

-
Denis

> On Jan 12, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Do we have a list of features for 2.4 documented anywhere?
>
> D.
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Pavel Tupitsyn <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> But some stuff is not yet in master (like baseline topology), so it is too
>> soon to create a branch, I think.
>>
>> Pavel
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Igniters,
>>>
>>> A number of major improvements have been made (or being finalized at the
>>> moment) to Ignite since recent 2.3 release. This includes baseline
>>> topology, new DDL commands, migration to Java 8 and Java 9 support,
>>> critical performance improvements to WAL, etc..
>>>
>>> I think it makes sense to make a new release. What do you think if we
>>> release AI 2.4 with all this great stuff by the end of Jan?
>>>
>>> If there are no objections, I'll create a branch to start stabilization
>>> process.
>>>
>>> Vladimir.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.4 release

Anton Vinogradov
Denis,

I'll review https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is the page create before:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>
>
> This is good news. It will be perfect if we also release as many "required
> tickets" as we can:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>
>
> My favorite is memory metrics in bytes: https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/IGNITE-6902 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902
> >

> The discussion lists are flooded with the demands for this essential
> capability. Who is going to review it?
>
> -
> Denis
>
> > On Jan 12, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Do we have a list of features for 2.4 documented anywhere?
> >
> > D.
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Pavel Tupitsyn <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> >> But some stuff is not yet in master (like baseline topology), so it is
> too
> >> soon to create a branch, I think.
> >>
> >> Pavel

> the

Re: Apache Ignite 2.4 release

Vladimir Ozerov
Igniters,

Great news - two very important tickets - baseline topology and Java 8
support - were merged to master. At this point it makes sense to create a
branch to stabilize the release and finalize outstanding tickets. I created
the branch *ignite-2.4*. Please follow the rules below when merging new
commits to master:
1) If ticket is targeted for 2.4 release, please merge to master, then
cherry-pick to ignite-2.4
2) Otherwise just merge to master.

Vladimir.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:32 PM, Anton Vinogradov <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Denis,
>
> I'll review https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Here is the page create before:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>
> >
> > This is good news. It will be perfect if we also release as many
> "required
> > tickets" as we can:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>
> >
> > My favorite is memory metrics in bytes: https://issues.apache.org/
> > jira/browse/IGNITE-6902 <https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/IGNITE-6902
> > >

> > The discussion lists are flooded with the demands for this essential
> > capability. Who is going to review it?
> >
> > -
> > Denis
> >
> > > On Jan 12, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Do we have a list of features for 2.4 documented anywhere?
> > >
> > > D.

> > too

> [hidden email]>

> > the

> stabilization

Re: Apache Ignite 2.4 release

dsetrakyan
Great news, indeed! Looking forward to 2.4 release.