Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

12345

Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Alexey Plekhanov
Hello Igniters,

AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to start
the discussion about 2.9 release.

I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.

What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver features
as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
release earlier then postpone the current release.

I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:

Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
Voting Date: July 31, 2020
Release Date: August 7, 2019

WDYT?

[1] :
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Dmitriy Pavlov-3
++1 for Alexey as a release manager, that's good we are keeping a rotation
of RMs so every committer/PMC knows how to release the code.

0 for dates, actually, it is up to contributors to propose alternatives.
All in all, it is up to the discussion's course.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Igniters,
>
> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to start
> the discussion about 2.9 release.
>
> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
>
> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver features
> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
> release earlier then postpone the current release.
>
> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
>
> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
> Release Date: August 7, 2019
>
> WDYT?
>
> [1] :
>
> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Ilya Kasnacheev
Hello!

Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?

I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the current
2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.

So I'm asking whether it is worth it.

Ilya Kasnacheev

ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Igniters,
>
> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to start
> the discussion about 2.9 release.
>
> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
>
> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver features
> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
> release earlier then postpone the current release.
>
> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
>
> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
> Release Date: August 7, 2019
>
> WDYT?
>
> [1] :
>
> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Nikolay Izhikov-2
Snapshots.

> 3 июня 2020 г., в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]> написал(а):
>
> Hello!
>
> Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?
>
> I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the current
> 2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.
>
> So I'm asking whether it is worth it.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ilya Kasnacheev
>

> ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hello Igniters,
>>
>> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to start
>> the discussion about 2.9 release.
>>
>> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
>>
>> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver features
>> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
>> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
>> release earlier then postpone the current release.
>>
>> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
>>
>> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
>> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
>> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
>> Release Date: August 7, 2019
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> [1] :
>>
>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Anton Vinogradov-2
Cellular switch

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 4:10 PM Nikolay Izhikov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Snapshots.
>
> > 3 июня 2020 г., в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]>
> написал(а):
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?
> >
> > I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the
> current
> > 2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.
> >
> > So I'm asking whether it is worth it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Ilya Kasnacheev
> >

> > ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Hello Igniters,
> >>
> >> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to
> start
> >> the discussion about 2.9 release.
> >>
> >> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
> >>
> >> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver
> features
> >> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release
> dates
> >> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
> >> release earlier then postpone the current release.
> >>
> >> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
> >>
> >> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
> >> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
> >> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
> >> Release Date: August 7, 2019
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >>
> >> [1] :
> >>

> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Alexey Plekhanov
Ilya,

We already have a lot of features implemented in the master branch, but not
released (perhaps not so big as Calcite, but still useful), some of them
already mentioned in the previous thread:
 - Sandbox for user-defined code
 - .NET: Native Near Cache
 - TDE - Phase-2. Master key rotation
 - Thin client: compute support
 - Snapshots
 - Tasks/services cancellation commands
etc.

ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]>:

> Hello!
>
> Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?
>
> I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the current
> 2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.
>
> So I'm asking whether it is worth it.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ilya Kasnacheev
>

> ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hello Igniters,
> >
> > AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to
> start
> > the discussion about 2.9 release.
> >
> > I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
> >
> > What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver
> features
> > as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
> > we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
> > release earlier then postpone the current release.
> >
> > I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
> >
> > Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
> > Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
> > Voting Date: July 31, 2020
> > Release Date: August 7, 2019
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > [1] :
> >

> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Nikolay Izhikov-2
+1 To start release process for 2.9
+1 For Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.

> 3 июня 2020 г., в 16:34, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]> написал(а):
>
> Ilya,
>
> We already have a lot of features implemented in the master branch, but not
> released (perhaps not so big as Calcite, but still useful), some of them
> already mentioned in the previous thread:
> - Sandbox for user-defined code
> - .NET: Native Near Cache
> - TDE - Phase-2. Master key rotation
> - Thin client: compute support
> - Snapshots
> - Tasks/services cancellation commands
> etc.
>
> ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?
>>
>> I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the current
>> 2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.
>>
>> So I'm asking whether it is worth it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Ilya Kasnacheev
>>

>> ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hello Igniters,
>>>
>>> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to
>> start
>>> the discussion about 2.9 release.
>>>
>>> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
>>>
>>> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver
>> features
>>> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
>>> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
>>> release earlier then postpone the current release.
>>>
>>> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
>>>
>>> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
>>> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
>>> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
>>> Release Date: August 7, 2019
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> [1] :
>>>

>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Maxim Muzafarov
+1 to start release and Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.

Alexey, can you clarify why we need a month for scope and code freeze
phases? What should we wait for? Maybe I'm missing something, but the
scope for the release already exists.

So, I'd like to suggest the following dates:

Code Freeze: June 10, 2020
Voting Date: July 1, 2020
Release Date: July 7, 2019

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 16:38, Nikolay Izhikov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 To start release process for 2.9
> +1 For Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.
>
> > 3 июня 2020 г., в 16:34, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]> написал(а):
> >
> > Ilya,
> >
> > We already have a lot of features implemented in the master branch, but not
> > released (perhaps not so big as Calcite, but still useful), some of them
> > already mentioned in the previous thread:
> > - Sandbox for user-defined code
> > - .NET: Native Near Cache
> > - TDE - Phase-2. Master key rotation
> > - Thin client: compute support
> > - Snapshots
> > - Tasks/services cancellation commands
> > etc.
> >
> > ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?
> >>
> >> I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the current
> >> 2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.
> >>
> >> So I'm asking whether it is worth it.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> --

> >> start

> >> features

> >> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Ilya Kasnacheev
Hello!

I think we should have at least a month before code freeze. People may have
code planned for commit and we don't want to rush them and commit
sub-optimal code.

Otherwise, +1.

Ilya Kasnacheev

ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 17:24, Maxim Muzafarov <[hidden email]>:

> +1 to start release and Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.
>

> Alexey, can you clarify why we need a month for scope and code freeze
> phases? What should we wait for? Maybe I'm missing something, but the
> scope for the release already exists.
>
> So, I'd like to suggest the following dates:
>
> Code Freeze: June 10, 2020
> Voting Date: July 1, 2020
> Release Date: July 7, 2019
>
> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 16:38, Nikolay Izhikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > +1 To start release process for 2.9
> > +1 For Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.
> >
> > > 3 июня 2020 г., в 16:34, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>
> написал(а):
> > >
> > > Ilya,
> > >
> > > We already have a lot of features implemented in the master branch,
> but not
> > > released (perhaps not so big as Calcite, but still useful), some of
> them
> > > already mentioned in the previous thread:
> > > - Sandbox for user-defined code
> > > - .NET: Native Near Cache
> > > - TDE - Phase-2. Master key rotation
> > > - Thin client: compute support
> > > - Snapshots
> > > - Tasks/services cancellation commands
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]
> >:

> current

> release.

> dates
> next

> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Maxim Muzafarov
Ilya,

I've assumed that the next 2.10 release will start in August, so folks
can commit their changes without a rush. Another option, everyone can
ask in the current thread to wait for their changes :-)

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 17:29, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I think we should have at least a month before code freeze. People may have
> code planned for commit and we don't want to rush them and commit
> sub-optimal code.
>
> Otherwise, +1.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ilya Kasnacheev
>

> ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 17:24, Maxim Muzafarov <[hidden email]>:
>
> > +1 to start release and Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.
> >

> > Alexey, can you clarify why we need a month for scope and code freeze
> > phases? What should we wait for? Maybe I'm missing something, but the
> > scope for the release already exists.
> >
> > So, I'd like to suggest the following dates:
> >
> > Code Freeze: June 10, 2020
> > Voting Date: July 1, 2020
> > Release Date: July 7, 2019
> >
> > On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 16:38, Nikolay Izhikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1 To start release process for 2.9
> > > +1 For Alexey Plekhanov as a release manager.

> > but not
> > them

> > >:

> > current

> > release.

> > dates
> > next

> > http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

antonovsergey93
Cluster read-only mode and new cluster state change API.

BR, Sergey Antonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Alexey Zinoviev
+1 for initial dates, RM candidate, need June to finish and test features

Model export/import for ML and a fewminor fixes

ср, 3 июн. 2020 г., 18:05 Sergey Antonov <[hidden email]>:

> Cluster read-only mode and new cluster state change API.
>
> ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 16:10, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Can you please clarify what is the scope of 2.9 release?
> >
> > I have a feeling that we don't really have any big features in the
> current
> > 2.9 code base. No Calcite, etc.
> >
> > So I'm asking whether it is worth it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Ilya Kasnacheev
> >

> > ср, 3 июн. 2020 г. в 14:45, Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > > Hello Igniters,
> > >
> > > AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to
> > start
> > > the discussion about 2.9 release.
> > >
> > > I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
> > >
> > > What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver
> > features
> > > as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release
> dates
> > > we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
> > > release earlier then postpone the current release.
> > >
> > > I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
> > >
> > > Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
> > > Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
> > > Voting Date: July 31, 2020
> > > Release Date: August 7, 2019
> > >
> > > WDYT?
> > >
> > > [1] :
> > >

> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

> BR, Sergey Antonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

dmagda
Hi folks,

The timelines proposed by Alex Plekhanov sounds reasonable to me. I'd like
only to hear inputs of @Ivan Rakov <[hidden email]>, who is about to
finish with the tracing support, and @Ivan Bessonov
<[hidden email]>, who
is fixing a serious limitation for K8 deployments [1]. Most likely, both
features will be ready by the code freeze date (July 10), but the guys
should know it better.

[1]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html

-
Denis

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 4:45 AM Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Igniters,
>
> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to start
> the discussion about 2.9 release.
>
> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
>
> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver features
> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
> release earlier then postpone the current release.
>
> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
>
> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
> Release Date: August 7, 2019
>
> WDYT?
>
> [1] :
>
> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Ivan Rakov
Hi,

Indeed, the tracing feature is almost ready. Discovery, communication and
transactions tracing will be introduced, as well as an option to configure
tracing in runtime. Right now we are working on final performance
optimizations, but it's very likely that we'll complete this activity
before the code freeze date.
Let's include tracing to the 2.9 release scope.

More info:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-48%3A+Tracing

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 4:30 PM Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> The timelines proposed by Alex Plekhanov sounds reasonable to me. I'd like
> only to hear inputs of @Ivan Rakov <[hidden email]>, who is about to
> finish with the tracing support, and @Ivan Bessonov
> <[hidden email]>, who is fixing a serious limitation for K8
> deployments [1]. Most likely, both features will be ready by the code
> freeze date (July 10), but the guys should know it better.
>
> [1]
> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html
>
> -
> Denis
>

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 4:45 AM Alex Plehanov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Igniters,
>>
>> AI 2.8.1 is finally released and as we discussed here [1] its time to
>> start
>> the discussion about 2.9 release.
>>
>> I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the 2.9 release.
>>
>> What about release time, I agree with Maxim that we should deliver
>> features
>> as frequently as possible. If some feature doesn't fit into release dates
>> we should better include it into the next release and schedule the next
>> release earlier then postpone the current release.
>>
>> I propose the following dates for 2.9 release:
>>
>> Scope Freeze: June 26, 2020
>> Code Freeze: July 10, 2020
>> Voting Date: July 31, 2020
>> Release Date: August 7, 2019
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> [1] :
>>
>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Ivan Bessonov
Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Sergey Chugunov ([hidden email]) just
replied
to the main conversation about "communication via discovery" [1]. We work
on it
together and recently have found one hard-to-fix scenario, detailed
description is
provided in Sergey's reply.

In short, July 10th looks realistic only if we introduce new behavior in
its current
implementation, with new setting and IgniteExperimental status. Blocker
here is
current implementation of Continuos Query protocol that in some cases
(described
at the end) initiates TCP connection right from discovery thread which
obviously
leads to deadlock. We haven't estimated efforts needed to redesign of CQ
protocol
but it is definitely a risk and fixing it isn't feasible with a code freeze
at 10th of July.
So my verdict: we can include this new feature in 2.9 scope as experimental
and with
highlighted limitation on CQ usage. Is that OK?

CQ limitation: server needs to open a communication connection to the
client if during
CQ registration client tries to p2p deploy new class not available on
server classpath.
In other cases registration of CQ should be fine.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Bessonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Nikolay Izhikov-2
> Is that OK?

We shouldn’t add any code that is broke some existing, widely used feature.
Let’s fix it before the merge.

> [...]
>>> only to hear inputs of @Ivan Rakov <[hidden email]>, who is about
>>> finish with the tracing support, and @Ivan Bessonov
>>> <[hidden email]>, who is fixing a serious limitation for K8
>>> deployments [1]. Most likely, both features will be ready by the code
>>> freeze date (July 10), but the guys should know it better.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>
>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html
>>>
>>> -
>>> Denis

>> dates

>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575
>>>>

> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Ivan Bessonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Ivan, Sergey,

How much effort should we put to resolve the issue with continuous queries?
Are you working on that issue actively? Let's try to guess what would be
the ETA.

-
Denis

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 3:55 AM Ivan Bessonov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > only to hear inputs of @Ivan Rakov <[hidden email]>, who is about
>> > finish with the tracing support, and @Ivan Bessonov
>> > <[hidden email]>, who is fixing a serious limitation for K8
>> > deployments [1]. Most likely, both features will be ready by the code
>> > freeze date (July 10), but the guys should know it better.
>> >
>> > [1]
>> >
>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html
>> >
>> > -
>> > Denis

>> dates

>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575
>> >>

> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Ivan Bessonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Sergey, Ivan,

Could you please check the questions below? If it's time-consuming to
rework continuous queries, then the new mode can become available in the
experimental state and should not let register continuous queries to avoid
potential deadlocks. Overall, this design gap in continuous queries was
like a bomb that has just detonated [1]. Anyway, this new connectivity mode
will be priceless even if you can't use continuous queries with them
because right now we cannot even start a thick client inside of a
serverless function.

Alexey Plehanov,

It looks like we can proceed with the release taking your timelines.

-
Denis

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 4:16 PM Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> Let's include tracing to the 2.9 release scope.
>>>
>>> More info:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-48%3A+Tracing
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-13060
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Ivan Rakov

>>> like
>>> about to

>>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html

>>> dates
>>> next

>>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Releases-Plan-td47360.html#a47575
>>> >>

>> --
>> Sincerely yours,
>> Ivan Bessonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Igniters,

Are we moving forward with this release? Alex Plehanov, are you still ready
to manage it? It seems like everyone agreed with the timeline you proposed
in the very beginning.

-
Denis

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 8:52 AM Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> but it is definitely a risk and fixing it isn't feasible with a code
>>> freeze at 10th of July.
>>> So my verdict: we can include this new feature in 2.9 scope as
>>> experimental and with
>>> highlighted limitation on CQ usage. Is that OK?
>>>
>>> CQ limitation: server needs to open a communication connection to the
>>> client if during
>>> CQ registration client tries to p2p deploy new class not available on
>>> server classpath.
>>> In other cases registration of CQ should be fine.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html

>>> --
>>> Sincerely yours,
>>> Ivan Bessonov

Re: Apache Ignite 2.9.0 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]

Denis,

Yes, I still ready to manage it.
Today I will prepare a release page on wiki and will try to go over tickets
list.
Also, I have plans to cut the branch by the end of next week if there are
no objections.

12345