NodeJS thin client: full API

12

NodeJS thin client: full API

Alexey Kosenchuk
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dsetrakyan
This is great! Finally a native NodeJS client for Ignite.

Alexey, in addition to the functional tests, were you able to perform any
load tests?

D.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dsetrakyan
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Alexey Kosenchuk <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not yet. Need a help with that.

I think we definitely need a load test before we merge to master. Can
anyone in the community assist Alexey?

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

Igor Sapego-2
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dmagda
Alexey,

Amazing progress and the overall state of the contribution! I'll try to
install and play with the client in the nearest days. As for now, please
consider the following suggestions.

Please do the following changes:

   - Let's rename SqlDataProcessingExample.js to just SqlExample.js and
   describe it as an example that shows primary APIs to use with Ignite as
   with an SQL database.
   - Let's rename SqlQueryExample.js to SqlQueryEntiriesExample.js.

As for the docs, are you ready to bring them to readme.io? Just let me know
and I'll be happy to arrange an account for you and discuss the structure.

--
Denis

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dmagda
Alexey,

Presently, Ignite hosts all the docs in readme.io without exception. It
means that once your contribution is accepted by the community the Node.JS
docs should be placed on readme.io.

You're right saying that we're planning to migrate from readme.io to
another documentation engine that would allow us storing doc sources in
Ignite repo. It might happen by 2.6 or might take longer.

Thus, we need to host the Node.JS docs on readme.io and edit them there
once your pull-request is merged (it means there wouldn't be docs' copy
added to Ignite repo for now). It's easy to move the docs to readme.io
which understands the standard markdown. I'll ask Prachi to assist here.

--
Denis

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dmagda
Alexey,

If a lib is contributed to Ignite (accepted to its main sources like the
node.js thin client), then the documentation has to be in a single place
which is readme.io for now.
Having the docs both on readme.io and in sources is confusing and harder to
maintain.

If a lib doesn't not a part of Ignite distribution (like the
beforementioned Go or Python clients), then its doc is located in some
other place.

--
Denis

Alexey Kuznetsov

FYI, HZ also has NodeJs client: https://github.com/
hazelcast/hazelcast-nodejs-client
May be it is worth to take a look?

Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dmagda
Alexey, Pavel,

I've done a preliminary review of the doc and moved it to the readme.io
page:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.4/docs/nodejs-thin-client

The page is hidden. I'll grant you access to readme so that you can update
the doc taking my suggestions into account:

Denis

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> FYI, HZ also has NodeJs client: https://github.com/
> hazelcast/hazelcast-nodejs-client
> May be it is worth to take a look?

> Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

dmagda
Pavel,

Recalled that we've not described how to authenticate and set up SSL from
the client side. Please consider this for the doc. Left some notes in the
JIRA.

--
Denis

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alexey, Pavel,
>
> I've done a preliminary review of the doc and moved it to the readme.io
> page:
> https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.4/docs/nodejs-thin-client
>
> The page is hidden. I'll grant you access to readme so that you can update
> the doc taking my suggestions into account:

> Denis
>

> On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI, HZ also has NodeJs client: https://github.com/
>> hazelcast/hazelcast-nodejs-client
>> May be it is worth to take a look?
>>
>> --
>> Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

Pavel Petroshenko
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: NodeJS thin client: full API

Denis Magda
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for prompt improvements. I'll check them this week.

--
Denis

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Pavel Petroshenko <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> Thanks for your feedback on the documentation! I addressed all your
> comments from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8589.

> Thanks,
> p.
>

> On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Pavel Petroshenko <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Denis,
> >
> > That's a good point, thanks. This should be a part of the "Usage"
> section.
> > I'll follow up in JIRA.
> >
> > p.
> >
> > On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Pavel,
> >>
> >> Recalled that we've not described how to authenticate and set up SSL
> from
> >> the client side. Please consider this for the doc. Left some notes in
> the
> >> JIRA.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Denis