We have several issues related to a partition clearing worth fixing.
1. PartitionsEvictManager doent's provide obvious guarantees for a correctness when a node or a cache group is stopped while partitions are concurrently clearing.
2. GridDhtLocalPartition#awaitDestroy is called while holding topology write lock, which is deadlock prone, because we currently require write lock to destroy a partition.
3. GridDhtLocalPartition contains a lot of messy code related to partition clearing, most notably ClearFuture, but the clearing is done by PartitionsEvictManager. We should get rid of a clearing code in GridDhtLocalPartition. This should also bring better code readility and help understand what happening during a clearing.
4. Currently moving partitions are cleared before rebalancing in the order different to rebalanceOrder, breaking the contract.
5. The clearing logic for for moving partitions (before rebalancing) seems incorrect: it's possible to lost updates received during clearing.
6. To clear partitions before full rebalancing we utilize same threads as for a partition eviction. This can slow rebalancing even if we have resources. Better to clear partitions in the rebalance pool (explicitely dedicated by user).
7. It's possible to reserve a renting partition, which have absolutely no meaning. All operations with a renting partitions (except clearing) are a waste of resources.
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira